Friday, February 13, 2009

I know it will be alright, but I need you to tell me anyway

And some other random thoughts/very short writings:

Excuse the grammar on this first one, those of you who are better at Spanish than me:

Es un día obscuro; llueve. Las nubes están bajas, y los cielos lloran. Es como yo; mi espíritu está bajo. Pero no es como yo, porque yo quiero llorar, pero no puedo. Los cielos están afortunados.

Translation:

It is a dark day; it rains. The clouds are low, and the skies weep. It is like me; my spirit is low. But it is not like me, because I want to cry, but I cannot. The skies are lucky.


I don't like people taking pictures of me. If it's an official photo, as in a 'gather-around-and-smile' thing, I don't really care. But informal, unannounced candid shots? I hate them. I am the one who's supposed to be on the edges, watching the world through a camera lense.

I haven't eaten a real meal today. And I probably won't until around 4. Argh. But I am out of food. I'll probably hit Target and Whole Foods, because I need food/materials from both.

I'm running on six hours of sleep. It's not enough.

I'm trying to find a balance of simplicity in my writings - spare and clean, yet not lacking the necessary details.

I'm clearly about to fall asleep. Oy. Hasta luego.

4 comments:

Maya Ganesan said...

Oh, I think your writing is perfect. :)

And I'm sorry...I hope you feel better soon. Get some food and rest, and Happy Valentine's!

Q said...

Hang in there, my dear.

Priya said...

I actually understood most of the Spanish sentences! And I completely sympathize with you about the picture taking--I feel the same way.

Somnite said...

It WILL be alright!

Happy Singles Awareness Day! (belated)