Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Shattering of the Light

Tonight, a cloud of something, some substance unknown
(for it is not melancholy or grief) hangs over me.
Something is...perhaps not wrong. But
Something is hard, heavy, going wrong.

Someone is hurting.

Earlier, finally I was happy to be alive
as the sun shone and the wind
childishly tugged my hair.
A weight now falls upon me
unspecified, but
the shattering of the light
by the cloud has come.
The light breaks
and the pieces
fall
to the ground
and flicker
out.

How? How can I feel what others do
and yet not know who is hurting
and why?
I can theorize who, I know,
but I cannot guess what it is
that binds my soul to others.
A silent invisible connection, intangible
yet solid and real.
I did not ask for it, I do not know
how or why I feel others -
how for a blink I am
others.

Troubled
Sleep drags my eyelids down
but something in my soul will not rest.
Not until I know
have established who it is
whose spirit cries for help.

My hope aches but remains.
For light also is shattered
in glorious
glowing
beams
when it breaks through the darkness.

4 comments:

Q said...

*big smiles*

Lady Brainsample said...

That's beautiful.

Maya Ganesan said...

I'm liking this, Edge.

Priya said...

Awesome! I love the last stanza.