Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hasta luego and the best cover art

I shall be out for a couple weeks, pretty much sans technology, to prove to my sister I am not addicted to my computer. And now, I shall leave you with some of my favorite album cover art. These are in no particular order - they're just the ones I find artistically appealing.

1. I love the simple symmetry. (Bonus: Best song on album is 'Shattered')



2. Her hair is a little over-the-top for me personally, but I love the idea. (Best song: Miss Independent).


3. So. Darn. Cute. But there's a kind of strength under the cuteness, you know? (Best song: In My Arms).



4. So. Besides the fact this song rocks. Cool font. I like the red-black-white color scheme. As you might guess, I'm a fan of simple designs. Not simplistic. Simple. (Best Song:...uh, Let It Rock)




5. I almost hesitate to put this on here, because it indicates something connected with Twilight is a favorite of mine. I love the twilight font with all the shimmers, and the lighting is just...epic. It's just tragic Edward's mug is up front, because Emmett and James are both so close...and better looking... (Best song: Bella's Lullaby)



6. Simple yet effective. Besides, it's Michael Buble on the front. Nuff said. ;-) (Best song: Feeling Good).



7. The color is just so...yummy. Simple. Effective. Yummy.. Candy-apple red. (Best songs: Real Gone by Sheryl Crow and Life Is A Highway by Rascal Flatts)



8. This fits the album so well. I'm a big fan of flame colors. (Best song: When I'm Gone).




9. Classy. (Best song: Frigga)


10. Don't get creeped out by this one. The eyes are so. awesome. They look even greener in some versions. (Best song: Imperitum)
11. So epic. (Best song: Storm).



12. The music symbols = <3 (Best Song: Bari Improv)


13. This is funnnn. I love the artsy/sort of animated aspect. The look on the kid's face is great. Bring it.


14. This one is funky, but matches the title so well. (Best song: Kill City)
15. Futuristic and awesome. (Best song: Keep It In the Family)


16. Kind of morbid? Yes. Gothic/Emo? Definitely. Someone good designed this one. I mean, you have to have talent to keep this from just looking like a remix of a certain Tim Burton movie poster. It's...dark, but kinda cool. (Best song: Careless Whisper)




By the way, I HIGHLY recommend you check out all those best songs listed. Don't have time? Here's a shortlist of the best:

1. Imperitum - Immediate
2. Let it Rock - Kevin Rudolf
3. Bella's Lullaby - Carter Burwell
4. When I'm Gone
5. Frigga - Corner Stone Cues
6. Storm - Craig Armstrong
7. Keep It in The Family - Hybrid
8. Kill City - Hybrid

So that's it for now. See ya later.

6 comments:

Priya said...

Awwww, we'll miss you, Edge!

Maya Ganesan said...

:( See you in...a few weeks?

By the way, I <3 the Thankful CD. It rocks. Majorly.

Grace K. said...

I'll miss you...but have a wonderful break! *huggies*

Lady Brainsample said...

I like 9. ;)

Traci said...

awesome post! :D

Bookworm said...

You have a good taste in music.