Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I had slam poetry running through my head yesterday. I don't write slam poetry, rarely ever read it, but I don't know what else I could call it. It was more prose-y than poetry, but it was not quite prose either. I don't know if I could re-create it now - I was in a strange, strange mood. It was cool though, because words were just coming to me. Even some rhyme, which never happens. If I hadn't needed to rush off to an appointment, I would have just written it down while it was happening. Maybe, just maybe, I can try it again later today.


On another note, I started a fictionpress account yesterday. I can't post on it til tomorrow, but when I do, I'll put the link up here. There are a few things I wrote for and outside of class that I'll post. It should be easier reading than reading it all in a blog post.

My life is changing a lot right now. I'm taking this semester off, in the hopes of moving to Austin for the next few months to work at the church office I used to attend last time I lived in Austin (I've moved a lot.) Right now, I have been reassured there is work for me, but I have yet to find somewhere to live. It's really only been a couple weeks since I made this decision, but it feels like forever, and I have to keep myself from freaking out, because I'm not in school, and most of my friends have started this semester. I don't know at all what God has planned for me right now. At all. But yesterday, while I was driving down the road, I had sudden conviction that this is where I'm supposed to be. Right here, right now. I don't know why. I'm just praying I figure that out.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm praying you figure it out too. I'm glad you had that sense of right-place-right-time - I love that feeling.

Q said...

Good that you have that conviction. Bad that you can't find housing.