Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ache

it stretches in my chest

a cat with claws
when you talk talk
and talk
and won't listen
ever

when you change your mind
constantly
an indecisive bumblebee
with equal sting

when you must always be right
damn the consequences

and the consequences come
as i curl myself away
into the shell of my mind
where you cannot enter

i know you too well
(the pain of saying that)
but to you -

i am a stranger. alone (while with you).
passive (words boiling inside).
aching (wishing you knew).
watching. (others also helpless).

yet you believe you know me.

i am sorry i cannot be perfect. i am sorry, because if i were
i would know you
and you me

and i would not suffer the stupid
silly
eternal
pain
of never being quite good enough.

4 comments:

Q said...

Good poem. Good template change. I will get codes to you when I have more time.

Erin said...

oh maddee. this makes me so upset. >:(

"i know you too well
(the pain of saying that)..."

Holly said...

iknowiknow. someone asked me, what do i hate? i said, people who talk but won't listen.

Edge said...

Q - muchas gracias :)

Erin - *hugs*

Cuil - I had a weird notion when I posted this you'd know exactly what I meant, kind of like with the rather earlier post about biting my fingers.