Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Wisdom Teeth Strike Again

After chatting with my parents, who chatted with my dentist, we concluded (on his advice) that wisdom tooth socket probably just had something stuck in it, and was irritated, not infected. My problem was finding a syringe with which to wash the socket. Over the course of the entire day, I became well acquainted know a decent section of London and four pharmacies. No syringe. I went in to the dental centre at Imperial College, where we were staying, and asked if there was any chance I could get in that day, as my mouth was really beginning to swell and hurt.

The dentist concluded it was an infection, and not irritation, because there was nothing to clean out - I was completely healed over. So she gave me antibiotics. And didn't charge me for the prescription. The antibiotics cost about 15 pounds, or 22 dollars. I don't know where I stand on socialized medicine at the moment, but that was an excellent display.

So the meds are working, and also making me incredibly lethargic. I only have four more days left! Yay! Then perhaps I will actually be entirely awake! But I'm not complaining. God was very gracious.

5 comments:

Priya said...

Yay! I'm glad everything worked out. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Holly said...

aw, wonderful.

Julia said...

That's a relief. :)

The Snarky Narwhal said...

oooh i'm glad you got some meds and starting to feel better! Have a great 4 more days!

Edge said...

It has been a huge relief. All your prayers are MUCH appreciated on this end, believe me. The last thing I'd want is to have to miss out on England from a stupid infection, and I shan't be! :) :)