Monday, April 14, 2008

I Have Returned!

Hola, my fellow bloggers! I'm back from D.C. I didn't finish the novel - but I couldn't have more than twenty pages left. (Yay!) Like Anilee commented, I would have loved to take my laptop and write on the National Mall (substitue Thomas Jefferson Memorial or similar location). However, I was traveling with my dad, and I'm not sure he would get it. Don't get me wrong - I love my dad, and we get along most of the times, but there are some more ethereal things I can't explain to him without sounding sentimental and/or stupid.

Anyway.

Tuesday was freezing - of course, this was the day we did a Segway tour. I didn't pack enough clothes. The evil breeze disregarded my fleece, and the clouds refused to budge. Nevertheless, zipping around on a Segway was worth it.

Wednesday: warmer and sunshine. I think we walked about five miles around town. Seriously. We ate at a Mexican restaurant called 'Rosa Mexicano' (any Spanish speakers out there who can explain why it's Rosa Mexicano instead of Mexicana? I can't figure it out). Despite the grammatical confusion, I had the best enchiladas suizas.

Oh yeah, did I mention I'm off wheat, dairy, and peanuts for the next month? Trying to eat around that on the trip didn't quite work. I tried. I really did. But sometimes there wasn't enough non-gluten, non-dairy food for fuel. When that happened, I tore into the forbidden food. I forgot how good bread tastes. But now I'm home, and back on the diet. *sighs*

I did note one thing: chocolate is not on my blacklist. Heh heh.

I read a great book on the trip that I haven't seen reviewed - I'll do that soon.

2 comments:

Q said...

Welcome back, Edge. The last time I was in DC was a few years ago, during the summer--I was about to die of the heat and drown in the humidity.

Erin said...

I've been on a gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free diet for three years. Oh, and just a couple of months ago it was changed from gluten-free to grain-free. (no rice, corn, wheat, etc.) Somehow my mom still finds all sorts of things we *can* eat, though... :)