Monday, April 7, 2008

My Crazy Life

So. I noticed I haven't posted in a while. That may be due to several things:

1. Realizing in four months I will not be living with my family. Possibly ever again.

2. This is kind of exciting.

3. The wonderful Miss Erin whom we all know and love posted about novel goals. I'm not feeling up to finding the link, but a lot of you posted goals. Mine was to finish my second novel by June.

I almost have. The only thing is that it isn't the novel I was thinking of. The one I thought I'd finish was already 200 pages or so. Basically there. Then I made the mistake of starting another project. You know, just putting it on the computer so I wouldn't forget it.

That was March 12.

Today's April 7. I've written 50,000 words, 200 pages, and the thing that astounds me most - have not hit writer's block once.

Don't be jealous and leave nasty comments. Please. This has never happened before and I'm still reeling. I'm going to Washington DC this afternoon, with my laptop (my friend, my confidante), and will probably finish the book there. So cool. I LOVE DC. There's something special about being able to complete a novel there. Or is that just me?

I wrote it (am writing it?) in third-person, from two points of view. Usually I stick with first-person, but I needed another viewpoint, and I don't do first-person from a guy's POV so well. Oh, yeah, and I actually have a title. This is amazing, considering I have an overabundance of book ideas but stink at titles.

So that's my life right now. Oh, yeah, that and I've decided I hate stairs. I ran a 5K race this Saturday, and kicked it in hard. My calves hate me. They feel like rocks. Sookie would agree, being a fellow runner. That reminds me - at a track meet a couple weeks ago, I saw the Lumberjack team! (Please, tell me I remembered the mascot correctly. I know it was the same school). So, Sookie, should you go there and decide to run for their team, we might actually meet at a Houston-area track meet someday!

6 comments:

Madison said...

DC is awesome; I have this dream of waiting to take my notebook and sit on a bench on the Mall or by one of the monuments and write. I envy you being able to do that.

Congrats on your good fortune with writing!

Erin said...

I've never been to DC, so I wouldn't know. :)

WOW, that is super exciting about your novel! How amazing. Good for you.

Q said...

Okay, so I am jealous, but only because that is so rocking for you and it has never happened to me before. So I'm not feeling nasty about it at all. Good for you!

DC is amazing. Go sit under the cherry trees and write for me, okay?

Sookie said...

Oooh! Cool!
Yes, I have decided to become a LUMBERJACK (still can't believe I'm typing that word!)
Did you know they're the only college in the whole state of Texas (public or private) to have an BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) in Creative Writing?
I'm just thrilled....
By the way, I envy you--no writer's block! I wish :-)

Sookie said...

Oh, and yes, running is quite hard on the legs :-(

But I only run cross-country, so the season ended at my school awhile ago.
I'm doing tennis and bycicle now. More tough stuff *sweat*

Sarah Burning said...

That is so great about your novel. :D I'm happy for you. God bless.