Sunday, June 13, 2010

I have awesome friends

Okay. So a friend of mine was recently sort-of stalked/repeatedly asked out by this girl he'd only met once. This is an excerpt of the IM conversation. It is hysterical. And hopefully will give you hope there are still guys out there with standards. And spelling. ('Theji' is the girl, just fyi, and 'Me' is my guy friend).

3:36amTheji
u need 2 kno 1 thng is tht if a gurl wants 2 b wid u than u should b wid her
u understand tht
3:43amTheji
hey wat happend
3:43amMe
sorry just distracted by my game.
anyway
3:44amTheji
so wat video game
3:44amMe
thats BS. i mean yeah if a girl wants to be with you thats cool, but that doesn't mean you should just be like OH MY GOD shes into me lets give up all forms of standards and be with her.
3:44amTheji
if she hot a guy would rite?
plz jst try it and see wat happens plz
3:45amMe
WHY
WHY ARE YOU SO INTERESTED IN ME?!
I DONT UNDERSTAND IT
3:46amTheji
i thnk tht ur nice and gud looking and kind 2 a gurl and i never had tht in my life
r u angry wid me
?
3:46amMe
okay honestly, I'm not mad at you, slightly flattered at best.
But it would never work because you can't spell to save your life.


That last line. Best reason to not date someone EVER. *wipes tear of happiness from eye*

8 comments:

Q said...

Oh, that's fantastic.

anilee said...

I had no idea girls could be so pathetic. Oh wait...I did know that; I just don't want to accept it.

Lady Brainsample said...

A glimmer of hope!! That's just hysterical. Love it.

Anonymous said...

I love how he doesn't respond to "so wat video game" and just goes right to the point.

Priya said...

Your friends are awesome. I love that last line!

The Snarky Narwhal said...

aw I feel slightly bad for her, she just doesn't get it. i hope she moves on soon.


that last line cracked me up though.

Cassandra said...

This is... the greatest thing I think I'll see all week? Give your friend props.

Edge said...

I can't believe he actually told her that. It made my week.