Friday, September 12, 2008

This Week's Hurricane

I'm calling this a presidential hurricane, although I don't like Ike. I decided around 9 last night to drive home, because my little sis really, really, really wanted me to come back for the weekend. And there were only like 50 people still on campus.

So this is my update/prayer request: safety! We're supposed to get 70 mph winds for twelve hours straight starting around 2 am (great timing, huh?) Raewyn had the bad side of last week's hurricane; I'm getting this week's. It's not supposed to have Katrina-type damage or anything, but it is a massive storm.

Dependent on matters such as Internet connectivity and electricity availability, I'll try to keep everyone updated...

10 comments:

Judi said...

I'm praying for you, Edge. Stay safe!
-Judi

Q said...

Prayers for you!

Q said...

Also: I tagged you. So if you post the meme, we'll know you survived.

Traci said...

I'm be praying!!

Edge said...

Thanks y'all! We lost electricity at 4:45, got it back at 6:30 CST. However, the neighbors, many who have lived here for decades, assure us it will go out again, likely for over 24 hours. I'll try to keep this/my facebook updated until that point.

Holly said...

Prayers!

Jewel Allen said...

May your family stay safe!

Grace K. said...

Oh, Edge I'm so glad you and your family are safe! I was so worried: "Oh no, Edge is in Huston, I hope she 's okay!" Hee he. I'm glad you got electricity back, and I hope you don't lose it again! Hang in there, Maddee, we're parying for you! :)

Much love,
Grace

Jamin said...

You still alive? Haven't heard anything from you since the hurricane past through. :)

Paris said...

Don't die! I like reading your stories!