Friday, November 21, 2008

Well.

I woke up at 11:49 this morning. I have never, ever slept in this late. I've also never gotten to bed at 3:30 in the morning. What, you might ask, was I doing?

Well...something I'd have laughed at even a couple weeks ago.

I went to the opening show of Twilight.

Technically, it wasn't the opening show. That one began at 12:01 am. Mine began at 12:05 am. But those are technicalities. Most of you know I share Anilee's opinions on Twilight, so here's why I went. A couple guys and I were talking about the books/movie yesterday, and all came to the conclusion we thought it was...well, we shared Anilee's opinions. Enough said. So I decided to go, first because it was with a group of friends, and second, because I knew all of us would laugh at the wrong parts of the movie. We did, and that was fun.

I won't give any spoilers away, though I'm pretty sure everyone is familiar with the plot. I might share some of my thoughts on it later, but am debating it. Suffice it to say, Robert Pattison looks better in action than in still photography, and the shrieks when he first came on screen were hilarious. The Cullen family also looks better than in still shots. Wow, that is one beautiful family. The scene with the glittering skin was interesting, and to the filmmakers' credit, they made Edward seem like less of a super-controlling jerk.

To be perfectly honest? I think my favorite character, as far as sheer acting and depth of character goes, was James. The actor portraying him did an awesome job of being creepy and evil, but cocky too. He felt the most authentic of all. Not to say the film was horrible or anything. It was okay. But I'm not going to become a Twilight fan any time soon, if ever.

8 comments:

Gretchen Alice said...

I'm going to see it tonight, but I've loved reading everyone's initial reactions. I'm excited just to see how the romance translates to the silver screen.

Judi said...

I really want to see that movie..but even if I get to see it, I'll probably have to wait until it comes out on DVD :(
-Judi

Lady Brainsample said...

Oh boy... I'm seeing it tonight because that's what my friend is doing for her birthday. And no, I'm NOT going to become an obsessed fan. *shudder*

Q said...

I'm not seeing it if I have to pay eight dollars to get in.

Jewel Allen said...

Thanks for the heads up on your post. Movie sounds better than I thought.

I want to see it sometime, but I won't be rushing to the theaters right away.

But I'm definitely not an obsessed fan :-)

~Firefly~ said...

Funny you should mention James, actually. My VP's son is his best friend. Which is kind of interesting...

Glad you kind of liked the movie! I probably would hate it if I was evil allowed to see it :P

Traci said...

:) cool. i'm planning on seeing it on sunday. not really sure what to expect though..

Edge said...

Gretchen: It's interesting. Everyone will have strong opinions one way or another.

Judi: That's okay, it's just as well.

Lady B: *shudders in agreement*

Q: Definitely save the eight dollars for something you'd really enjoy.

Pink Ink: It was fun to watch, for various reasons, such as the beautiful, beautiful Cullen family.

Firefly: That is funny. He was definitely the best character, and I wish he'd been on screen more.

Traci: I didn't go any with expectations either way, and like I said above, it is fun to watch.