Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Bipolar Day

No, I am not bipolar. The day has been bipolar. I woke up and did the first track workout of the season in 60 degree weather. Yes, I did say 60 degree weather. Winter in Houston sucks. So, I had my customary breathing issues as I do when it gets above 60. It could have been worse, but after the wonderful cool spell (of a single week), I was disappointed. At least it's supposed to get coldish again for the time trial on Friday.

I have two PowerPoint presentations coming up. One is Shakespeare, due originally tomorrow, but got bumped to Tuesday, Thank you Lord (I mean that sincerely). One of them I have been jittery about for three days now, and am steadily descending into the dark pit of nerves. Gah. I'm presenting in front of the other group (the Honors classes are split into two sections) because my partner is in that group. I don't know everyone in that group and -

Oh, how convenient. What would come up on iTunes right now but Disturbia. How perfect. Ha.

Anyway, then The Democrat is in that section. He's notorious for asking somewhat pointless but difficult to answer questions. And, also in that section is The B-

Whoops. Almost let that one slip. Classified information, you know. That would have been Very, Very Bad. I'm rambling now. Back to the point! I'm so-so at PowerPoint presentations. Really, I just sound stilted. I don't know - okay, that's a lie, I know darn well why I'm nervous. Which is so stupid. Gah!

The happy part of the bipolar day: I went Christmas shopping. I didn't have a lot of time today, so I employed some extreme hunt-gather-run tactics. Guys are hard to shop for sometimes unless I know what I'm looking for exactly. I found what I wanted (exactly! These items were perfect) for these people.

I even think I nailed the sizes, of which I feel rather proud. One guy isn't much taller than me, and the other...well, I had the remembrance of wearing his sweater to gauge his size, heh heh. Didn't even plan that one. And we were playing 21 questions on Facebook chat a few days ago, and the subject of favorite colors came up. I didn't plan that either. *does Snoopy dance of joy*

Girls, on the other hand, are so easy to shop for. My first go-to: Bath and Body Works. (To any guys who might read this, I'm giving sound advice. Girls, as a rule, like lotion, shower gel, body spray, and lip gloss). That was super-easy. And I found this for my mom (it's an even brighter yellow in real life). It was a solid one-two-knockout hour at the mall. CVS provided me with bags and tissue paper (easier than wrapping paper), and I'm about to go doll up the gifts.

Hasta luego!

6 comments:

Adri Phaustho said...

Hi Edge!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to meet English-speaking people on the Internet, so I hope to read more from you soon.

See you!

Q said...

Mr. Rochester is bipolar.

I really need to do my Christmas shopping. I don't know what to get for half the people I want to get presents for.

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Go "Disturbia". I oddly enough smile every time I hear that song. Last time I saw my bf (who is in Iraq now) was at a place where that song was playing. He he...Weird how music is like that.

Lady Brainsample said...

Yay for Snoopy dance of joy!
I totally know what you mean about shopping for guys. I usually try to figure out some sort of book they'd like then head to Half-Price Bookstore..Yes...I tend to be cheap when possible.

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Just getting started? Be encouraged that it flies by. Remember to take every opportunity, because it will be over before you know it. :)

Edge said...

Adri: I'm glad I did - I'll certainly be reading your blog as well.

Q: I'm still deliberating what to give to some people. It's frustrating.

PDP: Yes, it's odd how powerful music is. I like that song, too.

Lady B: Half-Price Bookstore = amazing. The one in Rice Village is awesome.

PDP again: Thanks for the advice. I'm praying finals week will fly by :p