Friday, December 26, 2008

Um, Hi

Yeah, it's been a while. Internet access is limited. Tomorrow I'm headed to a tiny little town in Louisiana, where my grandmother grew up. Could be rather interesting or painfully boring, and I hope for the former. Anyway, since I don't feel capable of putting together several paragraphs of coherent thought, here is my Twitter-style post.

- Why am I going to bed past midnight if I'm not studying for finals?

- Many people have mistaken Daniel (aka The Democrat). He is a great guy. Who also found my blog. So, Daniel, if you're reading this, now you know what I think of you :D

- 1000 text messages per month is a great Christmas gift.

- Scotch tape is evil.

- Why couldn't the neighbors have decent wi-fi?

- Apple...PC...Apple...PC...

- Facebook and occasional phone conversations are keeping me sane.

- That short story I wrote will probably get posted on the other blog. It's such a thorough blend of fact and fiction one can't tell the two apart, unless one knows the background story, or surmises it from the story. As it involves people I know, and would reveal certain secrets of my own...I'm thinking about it.

- Why do I have weird dreams?

- Why can't Christmas at least be cold? I'll pass on the snow. But 65 degrees? Really?

- I miss college.

- I miss _________ (some of you know the name that goes in this blank...).

- My time online is almost up.

- Note to self: When one is testing a pepper spray tube to ensure it still works, one should relocate oneself to the great outdoors, so remnants of the spray will not fill one's room and make one watery-eyed and prone to fits of coughing.

Hasta luego!

PS - two days ago, I saw a silver Volvo S60 on the road. The license plate:

CULL-N.

God help America. No wonder some other nations think we're lunatics.

7 comments:

Q said...

-Apple! Pick Apple!

-I know who.

-You sprayed pepper spray in your room??

Holly said...

Ah...we love our Edge. :)

Somnite said...

PC!!!!!!

And that car would have been awesome no matter the license plate!

Lady Brainsample said...

I know, right? I walked around this Christmas in a t-shirt.

Edge said...

Q: Due to...um, the person you 'know who', I have, through certain circumstances, been able to play with an Apple for a while. At the least, it is a possibility now. Yes, you do know who :-). And the pepper spray. I did spray it into a trash can, just to make sure it worked, as it is a year old. No, two years old. And the paper in the can did not absorb the, um, spray as well as I thought it would. A bad maneuver, I would advise against it.

Cuileann: Yay! I love you too.

Somnite: That's what I have right now. And yes, it is definitely a nice ride.

Lady B: Yep. Me too. I tried to wear a jacket and imagine it was cold...but I peeled it off a few minutes later. :-(

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Pc!! Pc!!!

You should either send your name to add to facebook or you can search me. ;) Danika Hayden. I'm an addict, so I'll add you the second you request likely. He he...

Unknown said...

Oh sad, sad day! The license plate I meant. :P