Saturday, December 6, 2008

Please Help

A friend of mine is having a really rough go of it - something bad came up with his family last night - no, actually this morning around 2 am. I don't know specifics, but please pray. I don't usually get 'feelings' about things, but I'm really worried. Right now, there's a spiritual battle going on with a lot of people. The last three days have been really intense. And not so fun. And a total wake-up call.

So please, pray for him and his whole family. And my fraying patience. As I said, I'm worried. And I don't help myself by internalizing. It's a curse of being a writer. I can imagine being in other people's positions all too well. And right now, both mine and his suck. But God is in control. I have to rest in that.

8 comments:

Holly said...

Of course.

Q said...

*hugs* I will.

Traci said...

i'll be praying!

Araken said...

Sure thing!

Emily said...

I'm praying!!!

Psalm 46:10:

"Be still and know that I am God."

This is one of my all time favorite Bible verses. I am an obsessive worrier, too, and this verse reminds me that when life gets out of control, I need to take a deep breath, take a step back and remind myself that God is always IN control. HE is GOD. He's got control of this situation, no matter how insane it may seem. Somehow, this works into his plan, even when it seems totally unfathomable.

Be still and know that God is God and we are here.

*more hugs*

Edge said...

Thank you all so much. I'm on the edge of cracking again like I did a couple nights ago (details on wordpress). But God is in control.

Somnite said...

Psalm 27:14 Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!

Psalm 30:5b Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

Psalm 31:5 Into Your hand I commit my spirit; You have redeemed me, O Jehovah, the God of truth.

Lady Brainsample said...

Psalm 50:15
Call upon Me in the day of trouble. I shall rescue you, and you will honor me.

Psalm 18:1-3
I love You, Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my mountain where I seek refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I was saved from my enemies.

Psalm 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life-of whom should I be afraid?

Philippians 4:6-7
Don't worry about anything, but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I'm praying.