Monday, December 15, 2008

So finals didn't kill me after all...

But they came dang close. And let's not forget the other bizarre and generally awful circumstances that helped them out, such as an injured hamstring (no running for an entire week), strange up-and-down temperatures (allergies!), and a lot of friends going through some serious crap. The weird thing is, all this started on the same day - for everyone. How odd is that?

So...I'm not even sure what to write. For a week straight, I didn't get to bed before 1 am, and two days were closer to 4 am. Some of this had to do with school. Some of this had to do with the fact that I am a writer, and therefore, more easily able to put myself into another's position. But oh well! For right now, everyone seems to be doing alright, which is a relief. I keep bracing myself for backlash, though. Call it paranoia, skepticism, preparation...

I've realized how much I like sleep - to be precise, I've slept for 10 and 9 hours the last two nights, respectively. It makes me feel better than 5 or 6 hours.

Okay, all I"m doing now is rambling, so I shall shut up and say hasta luego. Just wanted to reassure everyone I'm alive.

4 comments:

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Yay, I'm glad you're alive. Now rest. Veg. Do nothing. ;)

Lady Brainsample said...

So is your hamstring better now? And as for bracing yourself, that reminds me of the classic quote: Hope for the best, expect the worst. Call it positive pessimism. ;)

Holly said...

Wow, that is odd.

Edge alive? Hurrah! :)

Q said...

Yay!