Monday, May 10, 2010

Pensées

Have you ever looked in the mirror and realized your face has changed? Not from a blemish or scar, but from the march of time, from simply growing older? I mean, I probably look in a mirror every day - I do in fact, to get my contacts in - but now and then, every few months, I see the shape of my face has subtly, irrevocably shifted.


_______________

Having a guy who is a friend in an older-brother way is fantastic.

______________

I've had an odd series of dreams the past few days, and their auras have lingered with me hours later. That doesn't usually happen.

______________

End ramblings of the day.

8 comments:

Julia said...

Definitely; I know what you mean. On some days, when I smile in the mirror, it just doesn't seem as bright.

Glad to know I have company in Austin. I was under the impression that everyone was either from the Washington area, or Philadelphia. ;)

Q said...

I don't remember what I look like without dark circles under my eyes.

Áine said...

Nicely said :) Guy friends are very cool indeed

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I can't say that's ever happened because I still look like a teenager. It's really depressing.
________________

Agreed. Having any good solid guy friend is fantastic! A guy who will truly care for who you are and see past the fact that you're a "woman" is hard to find these days...sadly.
________________

That happens to me a lot! Do you like it or hate it or both or neither? Were they good or bad dreams?
_________________

End comments. ;)

Erin said...

I would like to second the second and third items.

Edge said...

Julia - yes, there are a lot from that area. Some of us do exist in Texas, though! :)

Q - *hugs*

Smileyfreak - for many reasons! :)

Aipingplum - just think, though, that should mean in twenty years you'll still look young! :) And yes, guy friends who can be completely uninterested in a romantic relationship are awesome. Older brother type :) And it depends on the dream. One of them was rather story-ish, so we'll see what happens.

Erin - *twins* :)

The Snarky Narwhal said...

yer, I notice some times my face looks so tired and worn but other days it looks normal and happy.


I have friends that are guys but i've never had a guy friend who seemed like an older brother..

Julia said...

Q-- yes, the dark circles. I've tried a hundred creams, but not a single one works.