Tuesday, May 25, 2010

There was almost a boy

but I couldn't date him in good conscience, because we don't believe the same things, and I couldn't stand hurting him later on down the road, instead of just saying something now. The good: for the first time, I feel I actually handled the entire thing without any stupid mistakes. I'm thanking God for that, because I have made some completely idiotic decisions in the past regarding boys, even just in the way I thought about certain boys. And this whole thing went down in a pretty chill manner. And God guarded my heart, and I was so much smarter about the whole thing.


The bad: were this guy a Christian, I'd date him in a heartbeat. I am now, belatedly, realizing how much I wanted things to work out. And I'm tired, and it all sort of just happened, and I will probably cry myself to sleep.

I know it will all work out. God has it all in control, because he's omnipotent like that. I'll be okay after not too long. It just sort of hit a couple hours ago. Prayers much appreciated. I just feel kind of numb and stinging at the same time.

3 comments:

Q said...

"God has it all in control, because he's omnipotent like that."

I kind of fell in love with that sentence.

Julia said...

Hugs to you. It's hard sometimes, when you haven't done anything wrong and it still doesn't work.

There'll be someone someday. Meanwhile, don't wait, just live.

Erin said...

I was going to say the exact same thing as Q, no joke.

and yeah. He's got a plan. *hug*