Thursday, August 21, 2008

I've known for months what day I was leaving home. I kept track of the weeks, knowing (in my mind) when I would leave.

I knew I wouldn't realize in my heart that I was leaving for much, much later. That date has struck. At 11 today, I'll move into a dorm. God has blessed me with great potential suitemates (who oddly enough have the same last name but are not related). I think I'm ready (as I can be - there's only so much I can learn without experiencing it). The realization is sinking in.

I'm too mind-paralyzed to think. I'm not scared. Maybe just stunned. In shock. I've looked forward to going to college since I was a little kid - I mean, seven, eight years old. It's always been a date in the future. It's here now, and I can't believe it.

I'm sending out the cry for help - prayers for wisdom, discernment, courage, that it would quit raining so I can transfer my torn-apart computer system into the car without shorting it out...

9 comments:

Jamin said...

I'll definitely be praying for you! Good luck.

Paris said...

Have a good time!

Jewel Allen said...

I think it's great that you are launching off to college. It was one of the most life-changing events in my life and I cherish it forever. You will do great!

Traci said...

Yes, I will be praying!!

Judi said...

I'm praying for you, Edge. Out there in the big bad world. :(
Good luck.
-Judi

Q said...

You will do wonderfully! I have complete faith in your ability to survive college. I will pray for you!

Erin said...

Praying for ya! What an exciting, epic time of your life. :)

The_Ballerina said...

Best wishes! New adventures can be hard to start, but once you get on the right path you'll never regret it!

Araken said...

Rock on, God Bless!