Friday, October 17, 2008

WHY?!

My iPod died five days ago as I finished a run. I plugged it into my computer and discovered the software itself was fine - the touch wheel is totally inoperable, thereby nullifying the point of having an iPod. RIP, my beautiful metallic green 4 GB Nano. You had a good life, were free, and worked reasonably well for almost two years (It was not new when I got it), and had the decency to yield up most of your music to my computer before death. Could have been worse.

I hope it rests in peace, because I am not at peace right now. I had it on for several hours each day, and am discovering how my mood is lifted with music. As beautiful as the new nanos are, I don't feel like shelling out the money for it. But I"m going to, probably, because I can't wait two months until Christmas. Two months without music (I don't own a CD player, just an iPod speaker-dock) is not a good idea.

And now my printer is crapped out on me. It'll print half-lines of text and skip words. Print alignment for the cartridges failed, so I'm going to try to switch out the black cartridge (even though it's brand-new). If that doesn't work, I am going to be doubly peeved. And I have a cross-country race tomorrow, so I really need to calm down and not get too worked up about it.

It's not that big of a deal. I realize these things are luxuries. But why all at once? This is of course, when I need to print a review for one class and PowerPoint slides for another. There are other places to print, but it just irks me when this stuff comes one after the other.

10 comments:

Paris said...

So sorry :(

Q said...

*hugs and chocolate*

You could buy a refurbished iPod. They're cheaper.

Lady Brainsample said...

Oh my! That is annoying when it all quits at once.
My condolences.

Rebecca Joy said...

Ick, that's too bad :(

My printer is like that, too - but the thing is, sometimes it works perfectly and sometimes it just...throws up.

Traci said...

oh, sorry!!

Judi said...

man...that sucks..i'm so sorry..if it makes you feel better..i don't even have an ipod...at all...ever...it's on my christmas list, but my mom says no..
-Judi

Edge said...

Paris: thanks

Q: Choc'late? Where?? :p I'm thinking through the options.

Lady B: Thanks!

Rebecca Joy: Good way to put it.

Traci: Thanks to you too!

Judi: It's better that you've never had one. I'm realizing how addicted I got to mine. But indeed, they are nice...and pretty...

Holly said...

Darn technologies. Fortunately, I know the happy ending to this story! (Hurrah FB!) I'm sorry they were stressing you out/not lifting your mood anymore, though. It's always the smaller things that seem to make one's life harder...

Q said...

Keep looking! I'm sure you'll find the chocolate!

Grace K. said...

Aww... 'How 'bout a nice shiny new penny to go and get some sweets?' ;)

Edge, darling, it looks like we shan't meet. Again. It's 12:30, and we haven't left yet.. :(

Hopefully we shall meet soon though!

~Grace