Saturday, January 10, 2009

Help/Heartache

Take me
into your arms
Hold me
tell me I am not alone
Love me
when I am uncertain, when
I know who I am is who I should be
and they will love me for who I am
and not who I pretend to be

Call me
Let me know you are thinking of me
Put your hand on my head
Tell me it will be alright
Despite my weakness
and my emotion
I am not helpless
but wanting to be rescued
and tonight I want you to realize
and swoop in
and save me.

I don't need rescue. I will make it through
the night, with tears and heartacheand come out fragile, not shattered.
But - I want that closeness
that wordless communion of souls
I think we could have. I crave
the interlace of heart
and mind
for then
I would know
I am not alone.

Maybe this is forcing me to see
that I am not
an island
I cannot, as much as I want to,
be a prop to others and have none myself
I trust God to carry me through
but it would be easier if I had you.

9 comments:

Maya Ganesan said...

I like this. I really love the 3rd stanza.

Erin said...

Wow. This is really good, and exactly how I feel. I love you. :)

Lady Brainsample said...

This is awesome.

Edge said...

Maya: Thanks! That's my favorite as well. This was a good experiment for me - usually I wrote poetry in blank verse, but this form is more spare, which I need practice in.

Miss E: I love you too. Twins! <3

Lady B: Glad you liked it!

Q said...

This is so nice--it says to me, "I don't need you, but I need you anyway," if that makes any sense at all.

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Wow, this is great. :)

Priya said...

I love this poem! The words sound so poetic, but the meaning is simple and sweet.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I so know how you feel right now too. I really relate to it as well... Beautifully written :)

Judi said...

Oh..yes, Edge...I really get this..it is so sad..but beautiful..you're really awesome.
I love you, girl <3
-Judi