Monday, January 5, 2009

Home Sweet Dorm

Woot. I am back home. (FYI, I'm now referring to my dorm as home, and my parents' house as Kingwood). I have seen exactly six people on campus - most other people have to wait until Sunday to get back in. :D There is little food in the pantry, and it's rush-hour traffic right now, which means I'm waiting until tomorrow to grocery shop. That'll be fun.

Alas, I must go get the rest of the stuff out of my car...I've been stalling in the warmth. It's 43 degrees out, thank goodness. I was afraid we'd have more of that nasty, humid 80-degree weather. It's January, for goodness sake. Let it be cold!

7 comments:

Gretchen Alice said...

43 degrees sounds positively balmy from where I'm at!

Somnite said...

Wow, 19 degrees here in sunny PA.

Lucky you. I havta wait until Sunday to go back home, but that's a full week before most people.

Q said...

It's 18 degrees here, and has been snowing for hours. (High five, Somnite.)

It's funny, I usually refer to "home" as the place where I am currently sleeping. When I'm on vacation, the hotel is "home".

Sarah Anne said...

5 degrees here. And I've been wearing shorts or a dress all day. Call me crazy, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. :)

Glad you're having nice weather! Wish I was in your dorm right now. :)

Edge said...

Gretchen: I can imagine. I'd rather have your weather than 80 degrees and muggy though.

Somnite: Fun stuff.

Q: Oh, snow! It snowed once here before break, and everyone turned into little kids. It was great.

GKB: Wow. You win. That is really, really, really cold. That's okay, I am crazy, so crazy people and I usually get along, haha.

Holly said...

I was about to say the same thing as Gretchen. When we have winter days in the forties in Wheaton, for me that means put on a skirt.

:) I remember when I realized that I was referring to my dorm as home.

Araken said...

Sounds lovely