Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Interesting Randomness

David Archuleta is amazing.

Since I heard last week that this week was Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-themed, I thought David Cook, the resident American Idol rocker, would thrive. Not that he did poorly, but I never expected the kid crooner to blow everyone away. I'm not always huge on slow/romantic songs, but I plan on buying both of his songs from last night. (Evil iTunes won't have them up until tomorrow.)

You know how some people talk about their characters rambling on and on in their heads, and they exorcise the characters by finally writing about them? I haven't suffered this. My characters were relatively well-behaved.

Well, until now. Some of the people in my manuscript I finished a couple weeks ago will not shut up. I keep thinking about snippets of plot line. I fall asleep wondering which characters should fall in love with which. That in itself worries me, because I usually treat romance as a minor side plot, an embellishment on the theme. It will be more central to this book.

Oh, great. I just called it a book, insinuating I'm going to write it. (Lex Holmes is smirking. She's the main female character. So here's what I have to say: "Lex, shut up already!"

I have my last final today! *cheers*. So maybe, just maybe, I'll get started on this sequel in the next few days.

EDITEd: The final is finished, and I am now forevermore free from community college!

7 comments:

Gretchen Alice said...

I adore David Archuleta!
Congrats on the end of the semester!

Q said...

Submitted any queries yet? ;)

Edge said...

Not yet - still perfecting my 'tight' writing skills. Summarizing a book in two paragraphs is not my forte. However, I will say the query is miles better than the first query I wrote for my first book. No trace of it exists whether on paper or on computer.

Gretchen: I know! (I say this in the most disinterested way) He's such a cute kid.

Edge said...

Oh yes - and Gretchen, I added you to my blog roll. I love your lists! I should do one soon. I'll be out-of-town over the weekend, so I'll shoot for Monday or Tuesday.

Gretchen Alice said...

Yay! I'll have to make sure you get added to mine...I have like ten or so to add. Also, I can't wait for your list!

Patrice said...

I love David Archuleta! I really hope he wins.

Deb said...

So, have you graduated?? :)

Debbie