Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ponderings

Mood: A little impatient but otherwise content
Listening to: Prince Caspian Flees from Prince Caspian

Go David Cook! I'm sure a lot of you know by now that the older David took the title of American Idol last night. Personally, I thought Archuleta (such a cute kid) sang better on the finale night, but Cook has a range of genres. Though I have to say, they sounded great singing "Hero" together. Can't wait until the Davids have albums out (because producers are undoubtedly hovering with contracts for Archuleta).

A short story idea has been knocking around my head. This is rare, so I think I'll write it and try to post it within the next few days.

Speaking of writing: After hours of research and refining, today I send out the first batch of query letters *deep breath*. I have narrowed it to a list of eight agencies. I almost feel I should knock off one more, for the Biblical number of perfection (and my favorite single-digit number). It's one of my quirks. Now I have to not hover around the computer and check my email every fifteen minutes. The usual response times are usually in weeks, not hours.

Let the fun begin. Bring on the agents.

8 comments:

Camden said...

Are they there yet! How about now? Now?!?!?! Lol, I know how you feel (not that particular situation, but in general). I was just swinging by to say hi and welcome you to the YCF!

Hi!

~Elliot

Madison said...

Congrats on sending out queries! Good luck!

Q said...

Oh, I'm so proud of you!

Erin said...

Wow. I wish you the very best!!

And I was so excited that David C won, although they're both amazing.

Araken said...

Well, though 7 is the number of completion, 8 is the number of new beginnings!

Jamin said...

It sounds like you're going to have a looooooong wait.:) Personally, waiting is one of the hardest things about writing. Sometimes I'll take a bite out of frozen food because I don't want to wait to get the thing to the microwave!

Shelby Marie said...

Hello and welcome to the YCF!
Good luck on your query letters...I hate waiting...
Write On!!!
Shelby Marie

Sapphira Adi said...

Good luck