Thursday, May 15, 2008

Top Ten List

I have been inspired by Gretchen to compose a list (my favorite of hers, BTW, is one concerning the ten literary characters she would marry without hesitation. See her blog for details and make sure to read all the comments.) So, here it is:

Top Twenty List of Music Pieces I Recommend To Anyone:

1. This is possibly the best soundtrack piece ever created: The Battle from The Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Gregson-Williams. Absolutely amazing. Go listen to it on iTunes. And then buy it.

2. Merchant of Death by Ramin Djwadi (mouthful, huh?) from the Iron Man soundtrack. If you like electric guitars at all and are in the mood for a kick-butt song, get it.

3. All Around Me - by Flyleaf. Cool alternative song. Shiver-inducing. It makes me think of The Phantom of the Opera. If you listen to it, it makes sense. (I think).

4. What I Want - by Daughtry. If you like rock, this is a great song. Intense, great message, amazing guitar.

5. Victory - by Yolanda Wilson. If you like gospel. Amazing, amazing.

6. Everything - Michael Buble. If you like Josh Groban. But this guy's voice is incredible. Think David Archuleta's style, but older. Sweet song. Girls' pick.

7. Feeling Good - Michael Buble. Same story, but not a romantic song. It's just FUN.

8. The Last Car - from Gone in 60 Seconds by Trevor Rabin. Great combination of electronic and symphonic. Adrenaline-inducing.

9. Keep Holding On - Avril Lavigne from the Eragon soundtrack. If you're having a rough day, put this on. It helps.

10. Storm - Vanessa-Mae. Fusion of a little electronic and amazing violin. Happy Valley is great too.

11. Collide - Krystal Meyers. Not sure how to describe this one but intense. Just listen to it.

12. Spanish Heist - Michael Giacchino from Alias soundtrack. Cool stuff, Spanish flare.

13. Briony - from the Atonement soundtrack, by Dario Marianelli. Incorporates typewriter into the music. Creative. Will leave you smiling.

14. Sweet Caroline or Love Me Tender - David Archuleta. Enough said.

15. Chevaliers de Sangreal - Hans Zimmer, Da Vinci Code Soundtrack. Breathtaking.

16. Anything from the National Treasure soundtracks by Trevor Rabin. Especially The Chase, Foot Chase, Cibola, So!, Spirit of Paris

17. Eleanor Rigby - David Cook. Enough said. He's gonna win.

18. Life is a Highway - Rascall Flatts. Amaaazing.

19. Flying - James Newton Howard, Peter Pan. The title says it all.

20. Now you tell me what to listen to!

Gotta go - to work. Oops. I should eat lunch too...

8 comments:

Somnite said...

I noticed that Josh Groban had no place on that list. *raises eyebrows*

I thought you were an LRRHer.

Q said...

Hmmmmmm... New Soul by Yael Naim. It's a happy song.

Gretchen Alice said...

This is awesome, Edge! I'm so honored.
Anything by Joshua Radin and Josh Ritter would make my list. I guess I have a thing for guys with the initials "JR."
Have you listened to the Finding Neverland soundtrack? I think you'd really like it.

Edge said...

Somnite: Nope. I am proudly a rebel. While I enjoy Josh Groban, I am not a Grobanite OR LRRHer. Am I still allowed to blog?

Q: Oooh, I'll have to check this out. Thanks!

Gretchen: No, I haven't - I'll have to check it out now. *iTunes thanks you*

Edge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

9 is one of my favorites. :) As is 18!

Jamin said...

Most of the things I listen to is whatever someone has on the radio. :)

Judi said...

I listen to the raido a lot, but the 80's is the best...I love Foreigner, Air Supply, and all of that stuff. Also "I'm gonna be" by The Proclaimers, from the movie Benny and Joon, is really good.
-Judi